Friday, March 20, 2015

The Legacy Human (Singularity 1) by Susan Kaye Quinn



Wow! Sci-Fi is one of my favorite genres. But I never even imagined the world that Susan Kaye Quinn came up with in her book "The Legacy Human (Singularity #1)". I know it took me awhile to read (like a week) but it is spring break and the little humans that live in my house have demanded food, attention, etc.. Otherwise I probably would have finished this book in about a day. 

Her world consists of "ascenders", which are robot/human hybrids of some sort. They are the supreme beings, in a way, that rule the universe. Then there are regular, normal. everyday humans, called "legacies", that live in poverty and struggle just to live in the conditions that the Ascenders impose on them. Eli is a legacy who has the gift of art- painting to be specific. Cyrus is his best friend and a bad-boy rebel. He dislikes Ascenders and everything they stand for. However Eli is given a chance to compete in their version of the Olympics. The ones who win gold are given a chance to ascend along with their family members. Which means Eli and his very sick mother can be healed of all ailments and live forever. 

Of course the twist comes when Eli and Cyrus meet some girls at the Olympic training facilities. The girls are part of the Resistance. They want to better the human race and change the universe so that the Ascenders can't rule and treat humans as pets. There is another twist, but I will leave you to read and find out all on your own! 

This is not my first Susan Kaye Quinn book. She is a brilliant writer. In this book her brilliant use of words had me painting with Eli, dancing with Kamali, wishing I had the gift of speech like Delphina, and loving Cryus' crude, rude, bad boy behavior. 

Right now you can get this book here for a mere 99 cents for the Kindle Edition on Amazon. Do it. Now. If you love sci-fi dystopian books such as The Hunger Games, Divergent, Maze Runner, or Legend series you will absolutely love The Human Legacy. Also, check out her Mindjack Trilogy (which I loved) or the Debt Collector Series. I can't wait until the next book in this series! Happy Reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate