Sunday, June 21, 2015

"The Good Girls (The Perfectionists #2) by Sara Shepard




Sometimes you just need an easy read. For me I like YA books that take me back to before I had bills to pay, laundry to fold and dinners to make. I love books that take me back to life as a high-schooler. The Good Girls by Sara Shepard is book 2 in a series that did just that. It took me back and wrapped me up in gossip, lies, and lip gloss. Oh, and in this book (and series) there was also murder.

I loved the Pretty Little Liars book series. All 17 of them. I also am a huge fan of the show. I have yet to dabble in The Lying Game Series.

The Good Girls is the second and last book in The Perfectionists series. That being said I will try not to spoil anything for readers who haven't even read the first book, simply named The Perfectionists, but plan to read it someday. 

Basically the series (duo? pair?) starts out with a group of girls that all seem to be perfect on the outside. A group project brings them together and at first they all think they have nothing in common. Until they start talking about hypothetical killings. People they want out of their lives. They all realize they have hatred for a fellow classmate, a boy named Nolan. 

In the first book they discuss who and how they would hypothetically like to wind up dead. They end up devising a plan to humiliate Nolan at a party except the plan goes terribly wrong and Nolan ends up dead in the exact way they hypothetically talked about it. It freaks them all out, of course!

This book starts where the first left off. Their teacher (and who they thought killed Nolan) winds up dead the same night they were there to try and get him to confess. Then another person they named winds up dead also. Coincidence? Did someone overhear their conversation? Who is trying to frame them for murder? Are they in danger of being murdered also?

I know it sounds totally cheesy, but I totes love books like this! It was a fun, quick, easy read that actually ended okay. I didn't see it coming. Like not at all. I like that even though I thought and thought about who the murderer(s) was I still didn't guess the ending. I was a bit disappointed but I won't spill the beans. I'll let you decide about the ending.  

Perfect for a fun summer weekend read or a book to sit by the pool with! A solid 4 stars. 

Happy Reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate