Tuesday, September 22, 2015

"The Girl With No Past" by Kathryn Croft



Kathryn Croft's "The Girl With No Past" is a gripping, psychological, heart thumping, leave-you-guessing thriller. It was an eARC provided to me via Netgalley and other than the description given when I requested it, I did no further research before reading. Not on the author or even reading other reviews beforehand. I wanted to be completely open minded when starting this book. I am so glad I went into this book with no expectations because it made for an amazing read! That being said, this review will be purposefully vague so you can have a stellar experience when you read it! 

Leah lives pretty much the life of a shut in. Aside from her job as a librarian and visiting her mother, she really doesn't do anything. She finally decides to take a chance and make a possible "love life" for herself, but a stalker has appeared, sending her threatening emails involving something from her past. She tries to brush the emails off, but it soon becomes clear that this person knows the truth about Leah and is determined to ruin what little existence of a life she has. 

This book alternates between present day Leah and early teen aged Leah. The plot flip flops back and forth and gives the reader a very slow peek as to what event(s) took place in Leah's past that has her so afraid to live for the future. 

Psychological thrillers seem to be all the rage lately and this book's promoters claim "A gripping psychological thriller for fans of Gone Girl and The Girl on the Train".  While this book isn't perfect, I would say it's on the better side of thrillers. It is chilling suspense with gripping mystery and an ending you never saw coming. It definitely makes for a great read! I honestly never guessed the ending until the last page, but it did seem a bit too tidy and rushed. All in all it was a fun read!

I give it 4 stars and I plan to read other books from Kathryn Croft, an author I hadn't been familiar with until now.

Once again thanks to Netgalley and Bookouture for allowing me to read and review!

Happy Reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate