Thursday, March 10, 2016

"Domestic Secrets" by Rosalind Noonan




 It took awhile to get this story going, but once it did, I was hooked. Domestic Secrets by Rosalind Noonan was a wonderful "chic-lit" book. It was entertaining and a very fast read.

Rachael and Ariel are long time friends. Both are now single women with their own businesses to run while simultaneously trying to raise their children and make ends meet. 

Every town has its secrets no matter how big or small the town is. This story starts with little secrets. Just little nuggets here and there that keep the story going. Then the huge secret is dropped and even then the reader still doesn't understand how or why it happened. I loved it!

The character's are well developed and for the most part likable. There were, of course, some characters where I just couldn't understand their thinking or behavior. This book is written from multiple character's points of view, which I loved. I have expressed before how, when done well, multiple views give the story depth and mystery. 

I will not give away any spoilers, but will say that I did not see the ending coming! I thought for awhile that I knew where the author was taking me, but was completely taken by surprise! This is definitely a compulsive read! You will be hooked!  

Thanks to Netgalley and Kensington Books for allowing me to read and give my honest review. This what another ARC that I just didn't get to review before it was released. The good news is that it available now so get your copy! A 4 star read! 

Happy Reading! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate