Monday, June 6, 2016

Amanda Wylde's "Remi's Choice:The De Luca Boys"



About a month ago I was contacted via email to read and review this book, which is written by an established author under a pen name. This alone had me intrigued, but after reading the first chapter that was attached to the email I was actually even more intrigued and decided to give it a go. 

I am not a huge romance novel fan, but I love to read, so why not throw in a romance novel every once in awhile? Here's the synopsis:


Sinfully sexy Travis De Luca came into Remi's life when she
was young, inexperienced, and easily dazzled. With his
scandalous words and wickedly sexy grins, he possessed a
power no one should have over another. He was a foul
mouthed, trouble-making thug to everyone else, but she'd
witnessed the vulnerable side he hid so well. After one earth-
shattering experience and his declaration of love, her body
and soul were hooked.



When Travis is sent away without warning, Kristiano De Luca
—his equally sexy cousin—comes into Remi's life as a friend
when she needs one most. After years with no word and waiting for Travis to come back, she loses hope, and the friendship she's built with Kris grows into something beautiful that fills the void Travis left behind.



But a surprise return from Travis and one passionate night
with him throw all their lives into chaos, and nothing will

ever be the same again. 

The reason the author wrote under an assumed name was because of the "cheating factor" in this novel. So if you are a romance novel fan and aren't comfortable reading about characters cheating on each other, you have been warned. 

We follow Remi near the end of high school and into early adulthood. During her high school time she is infatuated with Travis, though I am not sure why. I never really understood the relationship between the two. We don't really get to go deep into Remi and Travis' relationship which was strange because we really got to know the relationship between Remi and Kris grew.

I have to admit I did love the crude, rude behavior from Travis. There was definitely that "bad boy" thing with this character, though I will say it seemed over the top at times.

 With Kris I felt lost. Other than being Travis' cousin we really don't know much about his past other than he grew up the complete opposite of Travis. 

The whirl of emotions and struggle to understand what Remi was feeling seemed real. I remember being that age and I feel she reacted like a typical teen girl would in the situations she was in. The author presented real life situations and real life reactions, though there were a few over the top instances that made me roll my eyes. 

I am very intrigued about who the author really is. Although this book didn't turn me into a romance novel fan, it was entertaining and a quick read. If you like love triangles than this book should be on your list!

Thanks to Amanda Wylde for the opportunity to read and review this eARC! 

Remi's Choice is due to be released June 10, 2016! 

***This is currently available for PREORDER for Kindle at a cost of only 99 cents! On and after June 10 the cost will go back up!***

A 3 star read for me! 

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate