Saturday, May 19, 2018

Alice Feeney's "Sometimes I Lie"


My name is Amber Reynolds. There are three things you should know about me: 
1. I’m in a coma. 
2. My husband doesn’t love me anymore. 
3. Sometimes I lie. 

Amber wakes up in a hospital. She can’t move. She can’t speak. She can’t open her eyes. She can hear everyone around her, but they have no idea. Amber doesn’t remember what happened, but she has a suspicion her husband had something to do with it. Alternating between her paralyzed present, the week before her accident, and a series of childhood diaries from twenty years ago, this brilliant psychological thriller asks: Is something really a lie if you believe it's the truth? ~taken from Goodreads

Sometimes it's hard to read a book where the reader knows little to nothing about what happened. This is not one of those books. Believe me, you want to know as little as possible about how Amber ended up in a coma so that you can experience the full WOW factor the plot twists and surprises the author reveals. 

I will try my hardest not to give anything away. This story has 3 separate timelines: the first is current Amber, lying in a coma, yet aware of everything happening around her. She can hear nurses, doctors and family talk about her as is she isn't there. Through their words she tries her hardest to piece together what happened and bring her memories back to her. She is determined that if she can simply remember what lead to this coma, she can wake up.

Second, we get a glimpse of what I will call the "way back" past. The story of two little girls' friendship. One little girl who grows up in a house of anger and sadness. The other in a loving house, but bullied by others at school. They become friends, and their friendship grows into something else...

Third, we get a glimpse into Amber's past and what lead up to the current coma situation. Her life with her husband, her job with her horrible boss, her relationship with her sister. Slowly we are lead through twists and turns the occurred before this horrific event. 

This book did not end how I expected to at all! The author amazingly pulled out one last BIG plot twist that make my mouth hang open in awe! 

This was a fun read, perfect for summer lounging! I definitely say add it to your TBR soon list! 

Sometimes I Lie is available now so order your copy today! It's a solid 4 star read for me! 

Thanks to Flatiron books for allowing me a free copy to read and review!

Happy Reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate