Monday, April 15, 2024

"Family Feud: by Daniel Kowalski

 



A husband relieved when his kidnapped wife shows up unharmed soon learns she has a dark past that threatens their entire family. ‘Family Feud’ is a fast-paced mystery/thriller that begins when missing supermom Kelly McCarthy is dumped on a rural stretch of highway by the people who kidnapped and held her hostage for two weeks without any demands. Her ex-military turned security expert husband Joe, young-son Tommy, and abrasive mother-in-law Faye are all relieved to have her back relatively unharmed. But as everyone tries to readjust to life again, Joe begins to worry that Kelly is not being entirely truthful about her ordeal and the people that abducted her. He moves the family to his cousin’s rural estate so that his wife can recover in anonymity, but it’s not as safe as he expected. Strange things start to happen and it becomes clear to Joe that Kelly is not out of the woods yet with her kidnappers and now the entire family is in danger. The only way out of this will be an inevitable confrontation that not everyone will walk away from in this exciting mystery/thriller novel. ~taken from Goodreads


This was my first novel from author, Daniel Kowalski, and I have to say I really liked it! I read the premise and it sounded unique and interesting. It had been awhile since I read an action thriller and I was really in the mood for something good. I crossed my fingers and dug in. 

I immediately got hooked on the plot. It was an immediately interesting and suspenseful storyline. From the start we know Kelly is lying about who actually kidnapped her but we don't know why. She starts withdrawing from her family at a time when they uproot their lives to keep her safe. Her husband, Joe, is doing everything in his power to protect her and the rest of the family.

I have to be honest and say that at first I thought this book would be filled with more action scenes and technology descriptions than my brain could handle. There were some instances where there was a bit too much detail in security cameras and the technological setup for safeguarding the family than I could comprehend. But it eased up and the character development started to blossom.

As the story unfolded the characters grew and we got to know more about how they thought and felt. By a quarter of the way in I felt like I was invested in the journey and really looked forward to reading everyday. There wasn't a dull moment in the plot. It was actioned filled from start to finish.

The ending was a strong finish and had such a twist. It was a highly entertaining and fun read. 

Special thanks to author Daniel Kowalski for the advanced eARC to read and give my honest review. 

"Family Feud" is set to be released April 16, 2024 here in the U.S. so preorder now! It was a 4 star read! 

Happy Reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate