Saturday, April 29, 2017

My Husband's Wife: A Novel by Jane Corry



When young lawyer Lily marries Ed, she’s determined to make a fresh start. To leave the secrets of the past behind. But then she takes on her first murder case and meets Joe. A convicted murderer whom Lily is strangely drawn to. For whom she will soon be willing to risk almost anything. 

But Lily is not the only one with secrets. Her next-door neighbor Carla may be only nine, but she has already learned that secrets are powerful things. That they can get her whatever she wants. 

When Lily finds Carla on her doorstep sixteen years later, a chain of events is set in motion that can end only one way. ~taken from Amazon

Lily and Ed's marriage starts out exactly how new marriages should never start- shrouded in secrets and lies. They married quick, after just a brief dating period and are still trying to get the hang to life together. They agree to watch the neighbor's little girl, Carla, while her mother works on the weekends. At first it seems like a blessing, distracting them from the issues going on between the couple, but soon turns into an annoyance. Little do they know Carla will influence their futures more than they ever imagined.

Meanwhile, Lily has taken on her first big case. A man who is in prison for murdering his girlfriend has new evidence to offer to the case, stating it proves he is innocent. Against her better judgement, Lily gets too personally involved in the case. This involvement will change her life forever. 

This book is wonderfully written. I enjoyed the authors alternating points of view, giving me a first account glimpse into the different plots of the story. 

The pace was perfect, leaving me engulfed in the story line and hinting at just enough mystery to keep me turning the pages with utter intrigue. It is a novel full of suspense, sadness, spite, jealousy, hatred, and at times, twisted. 

I really enjoyed reading My Husband's Wife. It was a book that has been on my TBR list for quite some time. I am glad I finally sat down to read it! It is a quick read that took me about 3 or 4 days to finish. 

I give it a solid 4 stars!

Happy Reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate