Saturday, April 29, 2017

"I Was A Bitch" by Emily Ruben



When Lacey Jones wakes up after a horrific accident, she realizes that she’s lost all memory of the last two years. In this time, she has turned from a wallflower into the gorgeous and popular Queen Bee of her high school. Adding to the confusion, she is confronted with two guys who claim to love her; her football star boyfriend and the mysterious and attractive Finn.

Now Lacey has to figure out who she can trust as she starts to put her life back together and slowly discovers what really happened on the night of the accident.

Will she be able to resist her developing feelings for Finn and stay loyal to her boyfriend? ~taken from Amazon


What a fun read! I was gifted this ebook by the author to read and give my honest review. I was told to read it when I could fit it into my reading lineup... and then completely forgotten about it! Horrible on my part, I know. I have since reformatted my organizational ways! I started this book one evening and was finished by the next. It was a fast read!

Despite what my children think, it wasn't that long ago I too was a high school student. I remember how it felt to be a teenage girl, zigzagging my way through the halls, worrying about what everyone thought of me. Wondering what clique I actually fit in to. 

Lacey, the main character, wakes from a coma. Although she was only unconscious for a few months, her memory has been reeled back to 2 years prior. She has no memory of her current friends. She has no idea how she became the queen bee, or queen bitch, at school. She is not sure she likes what she has turned in to.

Then there is Finn. Sexy, funny Finn. She has no idea who is he or what the relationship between them is. Friends? Best friends? Gay best friend? Boyfriend? His entire existence in her life is a mystery to her.

As Lacy starts to unravel the bits and pieces of her past she realizes she was, no IS a bitch. She doesn't like it, but isn't sure how to change it. Her amnesia seems like a way to start new again, but for some reason she feels she must keep her amnesia a secret from all except her immediate family. 

Will Lacy ever remember how she ended up having a horrific accident that left her memories in pieces? Will she revert back to her old ways, or change her attitude towards her friends and life? Will Finn be more than a friend?

This was the perfect mix of mystery and romance, all wrapped up into a delightful YA story line. 

Thanks to author Emily Ruben for allowing me a copy of "I Was A Bitch" . It was a 4 star read! 

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate