Thursday, August 24, 2017

"Emma In The Night" by Wendy Walker



One night three years ago, the Tanner sisters disappeared: fifteen-year-old Cass and seventeen-year-old Emma. Three years later, Cass returns, without her sister Emma. Her story is one of kidnapping and betrayal, of a mysterious island where the two were held. But to forensic psychiatrist Dr. Abby Winter, something doesn't add up. Looking deep within this dysfunctional family Dr. Winter uncovers a life where boundaries were violated and a narcissistic parent held sway. And where one sister's return might just be the beginning of the crime. ~taken from Amazon

This was my first book From author Wendy Walker. While browsing Netgalley I came across Emma In The Night. I was immediately drawn to the cover art. Clicking the cover I read the description and knew I had to read it. It sounded intriguing. I wasn't disappointed. 

Cass return home after vanishing years ago with her sister, Emma. Cass is all alone. The questions begin. Where is Emma? What happened? Where have the girls been this entire time?

Chapter by chapter Cass tells the story. Each revelation brings even more questions from her parents and from investigators. With each chapter we learn more about the secrets to the girls' past. Not everything in this well-to-do family is how it seemed to the outside world. Right away, FBI agent and forensic psychologist Abby Winter can see through Cass' story and pokes holes in it. 

This story is well written. The plot twists come a the perfect time and kept me interested and engaged throughout the entire book. The ending was not something I imagined or saw coming. A beautifully disturbing read!

This is a solid 5 star read for me! I look forward to reading Wendy Walker's other books, as they have already been added to my TBR pile! 

You can get your ebook, hardcover or paperback copy of Emma In The Night now! While you are there, check out the author's other books.

Thanks to Netgalley and St. Martin's Press for allowing me a free copy to read and review.  

Happy Reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate