Sunday, October 14, 2018

"An Anonymous Girl" by Greer Hendricks & Sarah Pekkanen


Seeking women ages 18–32 to participate in a study on ethics and morality. Generous compensation. Anonymity guaranteed.
When Jessica Farris signs up for a psychology study conducted by the mysterious Dr. Shields, she thinks all she’ll have to do is answer a few questions, collect her money, and leave.
Question #1: Could you tell a lie without feeling guilt?
But as the questions grow more and more intense and invasive and the sessions become outings where Jess is told what to wear and how to act, she begins to feel as though Dr. Shields may know what she’s thinking…and what she’s hiding.
Question #2: Have you ever deeply hurt someone you care about?
As Jess’s paranoia grows, it becomes clear that she can no longer trust what in her life is real, and what is one of Dr. Shields’ manipulative experiments. Caught in a web of deceit and jealousy, Jess quickly learns that some obsessions can be deadly.
Question #3: Should a punishment always fit the crime?
From the authors of the blockbuster bestseller The Wife Between Us comes an electrifying new novel about doubt, passion, and just how much you can trust someone. ~taken from Amazon

My oh my what a wonderful thriller! This novel had me hooked from the get-go! This story will make you think twice before signing up for a research study! 

An Anonymous Girl is a wild ride and you better hold on to your seat! The characters were very well developed and Jessica's character, though naive, was somewhat relate-able. I could feel her desperation, confusion, and fear. 

There were many twist and turns and I felt the novel kept me engaged and excited to read the next chapter consistency throughout. It never seemed too slow or too fast with the pacing. I thoroughly enjoyed the entire read. 

I was very surprised that a duo of authors created a story that flowed so seamlessly. Hendricks and Pekkanen are not authors I have read before, but I loved how their writings meshed so well. I have already added some of their other books to my list of books to read ASAP! It was a 5 star read for me! 

An Anonymous Girl is available now for preorder and is due to be released January 8, 2019 here in the U.S. I can guarantee this will be a book everyone is talking about! Preorder and add it to your TBR list now!

Thanks to Netgalley and St. Martin's Press for allowing me an eARC to read and give my honest review. 

Happy Reading!  






No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate