Sunday, October 14, 2018

"After The Fire" by Will Hill



I know, I know! I'm a bit late posting this review. It was meant to be an ARC review, but life became busy and time got away from me. Plus this book is so good, I couldn't just rush through it. I had to savor every little morsel that author, Will Hill, gave out. 

The things I've seen are burned into me, like scars that refuse to fade.

Before, she lived inside the fence. Before, she was never allowed to leave the property, never allowed to talk to Outsiders, never allowed to speak her mind. Because Father John controlled everything—and Father John liked rules. Disobeying Father John came with terrible consequences.
But there are lies behind Father John's words. Outside, there are different truths.

Then came the fire. ~taken from Goodreads

After The Fire is a novel that follows the life of Moonbeam, a teenager who was raised in a cult. The story alternates between before the fire and after the fire as she tells the story of her life, the members of The Lord's Legion, its leader, and the activities that came about before the fire.

The alternating timelines between the past and present flow seamlessly. The author'writing is flawless and descriptive, and I felt like I was a part of the story the entire duration. The characters and settings are so well thought out and descriptive. I cannot say enough good things about this book.

After The Fire left me so full of emotions. Shock, awe, sadness, happiness, anger, disgust and hope are just a few of the wide range of emotions felt while I immersed myself in this 5 star novel. 

Please don't pass up reading the author's notes at the end. 

After The Fire is available now and I suggest reading it sooner rather than later. You won't be disappointed.

Thank you to Netgalley and SOURCEBOOKS Fire for allowing me a copy to read and give my honest review. 

Happy Reading! 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate